Thursday, August 14, 2008

Scandal!

Well, after the frustrations of the folk festival, our visit to the Beer Festival went much more smoothly. Despite a rocky start to the day, when I got to the station to find that half of the Tube lines were out, and subsequent re-organising of meeting points (twice), B was in a pretty good mood all day. I can't say it was the booze working, as it certainly didn't work the weekend before! The only problem I had was that she didn't want to finish up and go home at the end, so I had to do a bit of last-minute re-organising on my evening plans.

Sunday wasn't quite so luvvly jubbly. First of all I had to do a shedload of washing in the morning, then I had to go drop 600 leaflets for our forthcoming Boot Sale, then when I'd done that, I met up with my toyboys from the Youth Club (18 and Jack The Lad) on the way home. And agreed to go over to the dock with them for a cup of coffee and a 'boggle' at the people in lycra at the Triathlon. Big mistake!

The coffee shop was packed so we headed over to the pub for a burger and a pint. Then got chatting and had another pint. Four hours and three pints later I was uncharacteristically tiddly. Now, considering I'd drunk about the same amount in roughly the same time the previous day, this is totally wierd. But anyway, the boys took me home (!) and I crashed out. Literally. Lay down for an hour or so, and then threw up. Then spent the rest of the night feeling like I was going to die! Unfortunately the hangover from hell the next day didn't prevent me from having to work a 12 hour shift, including Youth Club! There is no way on earth I'm drinking with those two again. Ever. It's taken me most of the week to detox and recover!

And, as the boys have been going around telling everyone they got me hissed and I was falling down stairs and over my own feet, and throwing up and drinking cocktails and so on and so forth, I've had to warn them to lay off before they loose me my bloody job!

No comments: